Gel Foam Mattress Reviews
Top Rated Mattresses
Gel Mattress Customer Reviews: 4.6 Stars out of 5
Shopping for a mattress can be difficult, especially when you're purchasing a different type of mattress than you've had in the past. To make your search for the perfect gel memory foam mattress easier, we've put together an overview of unsolicited gel mattress reviews written by our customers. This is not a skewed perspective of gel foam mattresses to benefit our brands, nor is it a thread of negativity as you'll often see on complaint sites. This is an honest overview.
The 182 customer reviews we've received have been thoroughly examined by a statistician and put together on this page in an easy-to-follow format. The following information will guide you as you make an informed and well-researched purchase.
Top Rated Gel Mattresses
Positive Gel Foam Mattress Reviews: Comfortable, Good Support, Soft Feel, Sleeps Cooler
The whole idea behind infusing memory foam with gel is to create a more supportive sleeping experience while maintaining a soft and comfortable support.
- Comfortable: 62% of respondents
- Good Support: 49% of respondents
- Soft Feel: 33% of respondents
- Sleeps Cooler: 32% of respondents
- Holds Shape: 27% of respondents
- Reduce Back Pain: 22% of respondents
Here are some actual reviews from happy customers:
- "Bought the Elation split king. What a fantastic bed! From the first night, this bed is soft and cool. Normally, there is a break-in period where I toss and turn all night until I get used to the mattress and until it breaks down a bit. This bed was comfortable right out of the box. I was debating between this bed and the Inspiration but chose the Elation because it was very soft but a bit more supportive (best of both worlds in my opinion)."
- Lance from North Carolina, Sealy Optimum Elation owner
- "This is the best mattress I have ever had. Firm for bad Back. I had no idea a mattress could make you fall asleep so fast. Love it!"
- Karen from Indiana, Serta iComfort Insight owner
- "The bed is so comfortable & I seem to sleep much sounder. Also like the fact that you don't notice the other person moving or getting up."
- Annette from California, Serta iComfort Savant owner
Negative Gel Foam Mattress Reviews: Bad Odor, Too Hard
Gel foam mattresses are pretty popular right now, and the vast majority of our customers are happy with theirs. However, there were a few issues that a small group of our customers found with their gel foam mattresses.
The main issues reported by our customers were:
- Bad Odor: 7% of respondents
- Too Hard: 5% of respondents
Fortunately, most comfort issues are quickly resolved. Here is our perspective on the most common complaints.
- Too Hard: To help customers understand how hard or soft a mattress is, we have a 10-point mattress Comfort Scale® . Of course, it's not always 100% accurate, since one person's "hard" is another person's "soft". Luckily, we also provide a 100-Day Comfort Guarantee. If our customer would like to exchange their mattress, we'll accept an exchange up to 100 days after delivery. If you purchase a gel memory foam mattress from US-Mattress and are unhappy with the comfort level - maybe it's too hard or too soft, we'll replace it (Find out more about our guarantees and policies).
- Bad Odor: The majority of our gel memory foam mattresses go straight from an assembly line into a sealed bag, allowing for little or no air flow. A new gel memory foam mattress should quickly air out, allowing any odor to dissipate. If an odor sticks around for more than a few days or weeks, the mattress could be defective and would warrant a replacement mattress. This issue is common among all mattress brands since these odors come from the mattress manufacturing process.
Gel Foam Mattress Collections
We carry many different kinds of gel memory foam mattresses from some of the world's most recognized brands. Here are the most popular gel memory foam mattress brands we offer.
Sealy combined temperature control, comfort, and support to create the Optimum sleep experience. OptiCool gel memory foam is fused with OutLast to provide a refreshing coolness - giving sleepers the relieving feeling of the cool side of a pillow. Outlast is believed to be the most effective material for removing excess heat throughout the night. As a sleeper gets hot, the heat is absorbed, and as the body cools down, that heat is released. OptiSense memory foam creates a body-hugging feel for that truly unique memory foam sleep experience. Additionally, Sealy's patent pending OptiCore is designed specifically to deliver support that's a cut above other memory foam mattresses.
Shop our Sealy Optimum Gel Foam Mattresses
The Serta iComfort series combines the conformability and exceptional motion separation of memory foam with the pressure relieving durability of gel to create the ultimate sleep experience. Serta's Cool Action Gel Memory Foam is the world's first memory foam infused MicroSupport gel. Serta's Cool Action material combines an open cell structure and MicroSupport gel to dramatically increase airflow and wick moisture away from the body. Serta iComfort mattress are up to 12 times more breathable than ordinary memory foam, resulting in a cooler, more comfortable sleep experience. The iComfort Directions Sleep System features the first dual action gel memory foam sleep system designed from the surface to core for enhanced temperature regulation, support, and durability. Serta's Cool Action Dual Effects material combines memory foam with 25% more gel than is found in the original Cool Action gel memory foam.
Shop our Serta iComfort Gel Foam Mattresses
Simmons Beautyrest Comforpedic
The Simmons Beautyrest Comforpedic series features high quality gel memory foam mattresses built around the Beautyrest Recharge Sleep System. This advanced system combines a strong foam core, premium comfort materials, and a ventilated edge support system to ensure that sleepers get the deep, recharging sleep that's necessary to make the most out of every waking hour. These components combine to provide an overall higher quality of sleep that far surpasses any traditional memory foam mattress.
Shop our Simmons Beautyrest Comforpedic Gel Foam Mattresses
- 10% of gel foam mattress owners reporting it took longer than expected for their body to adjust to the new mattress.
- 7% of gel foam mattress owners compared the Serta iComfort to Tempur-Pedic, but liked iComfort better because of the lower price and cooling gel properties.
- Gel foam mattresses were the most popular in California, Texas, Pennsylvania, and New York.
Our Most Popular Articles
Compare mattress sizes and decide which is best for you. King, California King, Queen, Full, Twin XL, Twin, Crib, read summaries on them all.
If you're a side sleeper, then it's important that you choose the right mattress. Otherwise, you may find yourself tossing and turning through the night and waking with aches and pains.
Our mattress experts have hand selected the best pillow top and euro top mattresses in our collection.