Memory Foam Mattress Types
Traditional, AirCool, and Gel Memory Foam
Traditional Memory Foam
- Memory foam mattresses reduce pressure points and conform to the body. Less pressure increases blood circulation for better sleep.
- Memory foam promotes a healthier sleep environment since it is naturally anti-dust mite and anti-microbial. This is especially important for people with asthma or allergies.
- Memory foam mattresses drastically reduce motion transfer, which is important for couples.
- Memory foam is very durable. The majority of mattress warranties require a 1.5-inch body indentation before they are labeled as defective. Most memory foam mattresses require only a 0.5-inch indentation.
AirCool Memory Foam
- AirCool Memory Foam responds much quicker than traditional memory foam, eliminating the "quicksand" feeling some people dislike.
- The open cell structure of AirCool Memory Foam allows for better airflow which reduces the heat retention issues some people complain about with traditional memory foam.
- AirCool Memory Foam is a little softer than traditional memory foam, so it is perfect for those who prefer a higher Comfort Scale rating.
Gel Memory Foam
- Gel memory foam is more durable than traditional memory foam.
- Gel memory foam is even more effective at reducing pressure.
- Gel memory foam mattresses tend to be denser, which is nice for those who prefer a lower Comfort Scale rating.
Our Most Popular Articles
Compare mattress sizes and decide which is best for you. King, California King, Queen, Full, Twin XL, Twin, Crib, read summaries on them all.
If you're a side sleeper, then it's important that you choose the right mattress. Otherwise, you may find yourself tossing and turning through the night and waking with aches and pains.
Our mattress experts have hand selected the best pillow top and euro top mattresses in our collection.