Memory Foam Mattress Types
Traditional, AirCool, and Gel Memory Foam
Traditional Memory Foam
- Memory foam mattresses reduce pressure points and conform to the body. Less pressure increases blood circulation for better sleep.
- Memory foam promotes a healthier sleep environment since it is naturally anti-dust mite and anti-microbial. This is especially important for people with asthma or allergies.
- Memory foam mattresses drastically reduce motion transfer, which is important for couples.
- Memory foam is very durable. The majority of mattress warranties require a 1.5-inch body indentation before they are labeled as defective. Most memory foam mattresses require only a 0.5-inch indentation.
AirCool Memory Foam
- AirCool Memory Foam responds much quicker than traditional memory foam, eliminating the "quicksand" feeling some people dislike.
- The open cell structure of AirCool Memory Foam allows for better airflow which reduces the heat retention issues some people complain about with traditional memory foam.
- AirCool Memory Foam is a little softer than traditional memory foam, so it is perfect for those who prefer a higher Comfort Scale rating.
Gel Memory Foam
- Gel memory foam is more durable than traditional memory foam.
- Gel memory foam is even more effective at reducing pressure.
- Gel memory foam mattresses tend to be denser, which is nice for those who prefer a lower Comfort Scale rating.